December 13 is our annual holiday pot luck. This year Julie has a fun ornament exchange planned for us and, as always, we will be collecting food and donations for WHEAT. Don't forget show and tell! Representatives from Hanover Parks and Rec will join us for the meeting so please be sure to thank them for providing our perfect meeting space.
Here are all of the details:
Meeting: The meeting will start at 6:30 but you can arrive as early as 6 to start setting up. Bring your favorite dish to share (appetizer, main, side or dessert).
Ornament Exchange: Bring a handmade ornament for the ornament exchange. There are no rules. The ornament can be made of anything and in any way as long as it's handmade.
WHEAT Food Drive: Each year we donate a car load full of food to WHEAT. They operate a bi-monthly food pantry in coordination with several area churches. Everything they do is to help people in need in our own community. If you want to support WHEAT you can bring items from the following list or a donation check/cash to give to Cathy Williams at the meeting.
- Cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix w/syrup, sugar free also needed
- 1 lb bags of dried beans, rice or noodles. They can break down very large bags if you want to buy in bulk
- Small jars of peanut butter and jelly
- Spaghetti sauce
- Canned soups or mixes
- Canned meats: tuna, chicken, potted meat, sardines
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit, including low sugar and sugar free
- Canned beans, any kind
- Coffee and tea
- One-dish meals - Brunswick stew, hamburger helper, etc
- Boxes of mac and cheese
- Pouches of dried milk
- Hygiene products: soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bandaids, razors, wash cloths, hand towels, combs, deodorant
- MONEY to buy perishable foods
- Gift cards to grocery stores
If you belong to another organization that wants to also have a food drive please talk to Cathy Williams at the meeting or get her number off of the membership list. She is the Open Pantry Coordinator.