Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fabric!

CSQ has been gifted with fabric to be used for making quilts for our veterans - lots of fabric!


The Moda fabric line is "UNION BLUES" by designer Barbara Brackman. The colors will make very nice quilts for our Veterans Quilt Project, which I'm calling V.Q.P. It's a lot of yardage - 35 pounds worth. Does anybody remember the formula for converting pounds to yardage? I'm guessing 70-100 yards! 

I see lots of sewing for V.Q.P.  -  maybe we can plan some 2-day workshops where we sew like crazy and perhaps we can get You-Know-Who to offer us an easy mystery quilt design.

I can see it being used for our block of the month (I'll make kits) and Karen and Julie are sure to come up with some good ideas for turning all this yardage into quilts!

Please bring your ideas (example or pattern) to the meetings and let's see how many quilts we can make from this donation! 


3 comments:

  1. When I weigh fabric/scraps I figure 4 yards to the pound. What a great donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I love your work! I am currently working on my Civl War Sampler from Barbara Brackman's book. Do you have any tips and tricks that work well for you or any demo videos? Your piecing is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete