Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year quilters!

Programs

First let's discuss programs for the future. I know this hasn't actually been much of an issue in 2020 but hopefully we will all be meeting together again soon. In that hope I've set up a spreadsheet that anyone can edit and sign up for a program month. You can access it here:


Please consider signing up to be responsible for a program one month. If we all sign up for one month we will be covered for over 2 years. A program doesn't have to be complex or long. You could share a new technique that you've learned, lead a sharing discussion or invite a friend to do a program. 

Veterans Quilts

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas or whatever holiday you like to celebrate. I was thrilled to be able to deliver another batch of quilts to our VA hospital contact in December. It brought our total for the year to 108. In previous years we averaged 60ish quilts to 2020 was a record breaking year for us! It motivated me to get right back to quilting and there's plenty to quilt! You all gifted me with over 12 quilt tops at the last meeting. Here are the first two that I've quilted and I have 2 more on the frame right now. I've got an order of batting on the way and other quilters ready to help quilting. I'll be at sewing days this weekend if you want to drop off tops and you are always welcome to drop them at my house. Just email me (vickisews @ gmail dot com) to arrange a time. These 2 are ready for pickup.



I need to find the owner of this quilt. If you made this top would you please contact me?




Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment