Thursday, August 27, 2015

Veterans quilts - great news!

Many of you met Terry Muller at the last meeting. She and I met at the Innova new owners training last month. I talked her into visiting our happy group. She did and had a great time and has offered to help me quilt the veterans quilts!

YAY!
 
 
So, you can now bring me any quilts that you have and, between us, we should be able to get them all quilted.
 
As a reminder, here are the rules:
 
  • The must be pressed and ready to quilt, we do not press the quilt tops before quilting
  • We only do veterans quilts and nothing larger than about 50 x 62
  • We get them done as soon as we can but we both have other obligations. So they get done when they get done.
  • We choose the backing, thread and pattern for quilting. It's, hopefully, a happy surprise for you!
  • In return we ask that someone apply the binding on any quilts that we make. So far this year I think that's been a grand total of 1 quilt. :)
 
I think you will be thrilled with Terry's quilting - she has automation and a huge library of patterns. She'll be using the veterans quilts as a way to stitch out samples for her customers.
 
PS - She also quilts for a business!
 
The end is in sight for the quilt that I've been working on for the past 3 months so I'll get back to veterans quilts in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU, TERRY! It's great to have a new member join our small group and offer to machine quilt our VETERANS quilts. The continued success of our Veteran's Quilt Project depends on volunteers to piece, quilt, bind, label and deliver quilts. Thanks to EVERYONE for your contribution and we welcome others to participate in whatever way you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Becky's comments. How absolutely wonderful to have Terry make her generous offer to quilt tops for our veterans! Just wish I lived within the region to offer to bind.

    ReplyDelete