Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Veterans Quilts and October Meetings


Last week I delivered 42 more veterans quilts. The total for the year is 111! Keep up the great work.

Our delivery coordinator is Jennifer. She has been responsible for distributing our quilts since 2018 and has handled around1000 quilts! I always check in with her to make sure she doesn't feel burdened. She says she considered it an honor to play her "small" role. She has contacts at both the Richmond and Fredericksburg VA facilities and makes sure they get delivered where they are most needed and appreciated. At the moment she says about 70% go to Richmond and 30% to Fredericksburg. We really lucked into this situation with Terry Muller when she was a member. Terry met Jen through a Facebook Marketplace sale and started this relationship and we are fortunate. I don't know of anyone else who has visibility and connections in both facilities.

To thank her, I made a quilt this summer and gifted it to her when I delivered these quilts.

I started this quilt just for fun but before I had 3 blocks done, I knew it was for Jennifer. She loves vintage things and this quilt fit right into her guest room.

OCTOBER MEETINGS

Tuesday, October 13, 7:30 - our annual Trash To Treasure event. Bring things you want to donate and be ready to shop! All of the money collected at this event goes toward batting and backing for the veterans quilts.

Wednesday and Thursday, October 21 - 22 - sewing days. Bring your machine and project and sit, sew and socialize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment