Thursday, October 14, 2021

Quilt Exhibit at the Hanover Museum is open!

 Thanks to the dedicated efforts of Carolyn Mills, Karen Hayes and Elsa Brooks, along with the museum director, there's a wonderful quilt exhibit at the new Hanover History Museum!

The museum is located at 7496 County Complex Rd, across from the Wickham Building in the Hanover County complex.  Parking is in the main lot across the road from the museum. It's right next to the historic courthouse building. The museum hours are Tuesday - Friday noon - 4:00 and Saturday 10:00 - 2:00. The exhibit will run through December 12.

Share the exhibit details with your friends and family and be sure to get by to see it! Here are photos from the exhibit.


This first quilt is one that's on loan from Scotchtown and it's amazing.

The hexagons in this quilt are about 3/8"! You have to see it.

Here are as many photos as I Blogger allowed me to upload.

































1 comment:

  1. Hi... I wonder if you might show me a close up of the description for that hexagon star quilt? I went to Scotchtown to see the quilt in person 10 years ago and have almost completed my own version of it (although my hexagons are larger - due to a descriptive error in the book "Quilts of Virginia" where they were described as half inch hexagons). When you buy hexagon papers to make them, the half inch is measured along one of the edges of the hexagon piece - not across the whole piece. I don't think I could have coped doing so many if they'd been any smaller! What a shame we can't travel from Australia. I'd love to see that quilt again. Elli

    ReplyDelete